Friday 21 November 2014

Kerry Gold saved Fiona from a raging cow

Today I'm going to tell you the incredible story of a woman who was in her farm and a cow attacked to her and fortunately she was saved by her horse.
Actually, I would have to write about a new related to my career, but I couldn't find one so, when I was searching, I find a better new to write to.


Fiona was in a beautiful day of summer in her Castle Douglas farmhouse making tea for her two years old niece Zara, when her husband called her to move a cow ad its calf out of the paddock. So Fiona left Zara watching a DVD while she went to the paddock.

The woman had to separate the calf from the cow, action that she use to do in the farm, but this time the calf started to bellow and the cow, that was in panic, butted the shoulder of Fiona. She remember she had been taught that once someone is on the ground dairy cows have been known to group together and attack en masse – to kill. She knew she had to be on her feet. But the cow kept pushing her back into the ground with her head.

Fiona was screaming in the ground, but nobody listened her and realised that scape was impossible, so she tucked her head under her arms to protect her neck, waiting another attack from the cow, but unexpectedly the cow moved away. 

The woman was stunned to see her horse, "Kerry Gold", that had galloped and kicked the cow with her back hooves. The cow left and Kerry stood protectively beside Fiona, who was crying and her back was painful. Then she called to her husband and came to help her. 

Fortunately Zara, the niece of Fiona, was absorbed watching the DVD, so she kept in safe.
The family rewarded Kerry Gold with extra apples and carrots, and she continued protecting Fiona.
It has been eight years since the incident... Kerry Gold died two years ago.

I think is a bautiful story and I would like to hear more like this in my future job as anthropologist. If you like to read the whole new here is the link: 
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/nov/21/experience-my-horse-saved-me-from-raging-cow




  

2 comments:

  1. nice kerry gold, my new hero

    ReplyDelete
  2. The animals often protect to the people that they love. The another day I see a new about a child of 2 years, a dog wanted to attack him and a cat of the family gone to the rescue. It's pretty crazy

    ReplyDelete